Friday 22 November 2013

Sleek Blushes Review

Happy Friday readers!

Today I'm going to jump straight in and talk to you about some lovely little Sleek blushes (while I watch a program about people who are scared of flying... Why? I don't know because I am terrified of flying). These are the first Sleek products I've ever tried and up until now Bourjois have been my go-to for blushes but these little beauties may have changed my mind. 



Let's start with the packaging - I'm a massive fan of simple black packaging. I think it's classy and not too fussy and just sits well with my rest of my makeup collection. It's a small dainty little package that it perfect for travelling (if you can't decide on only one blush to take anywhere with you, like me). Another great thing about these blushes is that they come with a very decent sized mirror (unlike Bourjois blush pots, honestly I love you but nobody can see anything in those mirrors!) so you can easily touch up on the go! 


The first colour I grabbed was Pomegranate which is this beautiful bright pink colour. Admittedly it does look a bit scary in the pan and as the product is so pigmented it is easy to get a bit carried away so you only need a small amount to get good colour pay off. I love to pair this with my Strawberry Shortcake Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butter for a lovely frosted pink look. 


This was the second blush I picked up. It's in the colour Rose Gold and was actually bought on recommendation from another blogger, I can't remember who now but when I do I'll link their post here. This blush has a little bit of shimmer to it and it has quite a bronze tone to it so it's perfect for Christmas party or other holiday festivities! It's a lovely warm colour and, again, you don't need a lot to get good colour pay off. 

Left: Pomegrante, Right: Rose Gold

You can see the gorgeous colours from the swatch above. And it's worth mentioning that I did build up the colour quite a bit for the purpose of this post so don't worry, there's no need to look like Coco the Clown with Pomegranate if you're gentle with the application.

For £4.49 you can't really go wrong - great pigmentation, lovely colour selection, nice packaging. Who can say no? And possibly a perfect stocking filler for those ladies in the family this christmas! 

Have you tried any of the blushes from Sleek? Do you have any recommendations for my next Sleek purchase?

4 comments:

  1. I've wanted the Rose Gold shade so long, it's just perfect with its subtle shimmer :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous colour, isn't it!? I'd definitely recommend it!! xx

      Delete
  2. I love sleek blushes they're so nice! I would recommend the colour 'pixie pink' its so pretty and extremely pigmented so you can achieve the perfect rosy cheek look:)

    http://lilemilyjane.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely have a look for it next time I'm in superdrug - thank you for the recommendation!

      :)

      Delete