Sunday 12 January 2014

Nars Highlight Blush Advice

Today, instead of writing up a review or sharing a few products with you that I love, I'm actually asking for some advice. So may you please all put on your beauty guru thinking caps!

Last October when I turned 20, I used my birthday money to treat myself to some higher end make up products and I won't lie, I went a bit mad on the NARS website. The result of that was that this beautiful highlight blush made it's way from planet NARS to my makeup bag and I do not have a clue how to use it.


Shade: Miss Liberty

 Look.. Just look how beautiful it looks. In all honestly, I think the problem I'm having with this is that it has quite a bit of shimmer in it so I can't quite seem to apply it without looking like I've spilt a bottle of glitter all over my face (Can you spill things on your face? No? Oh). I think I underestimated the power of the shimmer.


It looks beautiful here - see. Resistance was futile. But on my face it just doesn't quite sit in the same way and I'm feeling very unsatisfied and I don't want to be because.. Well, have I mentioned it's beautiful? I've built it up quite a bit here for the purpose of this photo, I've actually never dared wear so much on my face.

So please help beauty bloggers! Or anyone out there who is magic and knows how to work this blush into my everyday routine.

Am I best off waiting until summer to use it? Is there a certain colour blush I should pair it with? Is there a should way I should apply it? 

Please leave me a comment and let me know! Or tweet me - @_beautybyjessy 

6 comments:

  1. I've never tried the nars highlighter but I'm loving soft and gentle mineralize skin finish by mac :)! I'm going to do a review on it but basically it's a gorgeous champagne colour and I just a contour brush and lightly apply it the apples of my cheeks, looks stunning :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've really sold me on the mac product, I've added it to my wish list! I'm still struggling to find a way to apply this nars product nicely!

      Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! :)

      Delete
  2. It's so pretty!! Maybe you should find a rose coloured matte blush and then apply this over the top to add a nice highlight to it, so it almost makes a shimmery rose gold colour? I hope you do find a good way to use this, it looks absolutely stunning.

    Kathryn x
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good idea! I do have a lovely rose coloured blush from bourjois I could try!

      Thank you for the advice! :)

      Delete
  3. I've never seen this before very beautiful shade love it

    Libertylovesmakeup.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look beautiful, unfortunately I'm still struggling to make it work!

      Thank you for stopping by my blog!

      Delete