Wednesday 15 January 2014

Discovery Wednesday: The Beauty Department

At the back end of last year I toyed with the idea of incorporating more personal/lifestyle-type posts into my blog. Now that I've changed the name of my blog and I've done a simple revamping, I thought it would be time to make it happen. I'm not changing the contents of the blog entirely, it will still be primarily beauty based but now with a few other fun things thrown in for good measure.

So the idea behind Discovery Wednesday is to share with you something new that I've found during the week that I thought was fun or interesting or helpful or funny or insightful... You get the hint. It won't all be beauty related, it could be music, books, websites or other blogs, but to start off with (to please all you beauty lovers out there) I am going to introduce you to a beauty website.

You all know Lauren Conrad and you've probably come across her website at some point. But her hair and makeup artists also run a website called The Beauty Department and it is amazing. 

www.thebeautydepartment.com
It is a website full of tutorials, tips and tricks, advice and lots of other fun hair, health and beauty related things. It is updated very regularly and it's got a bit of something for everyone there. It is the mother of all beauty websites and because it's run by professionals, you know you'll be getting the best advice and tips out there. If you haven't heard of this website yet then I recommend you devote a day before clicking the link because you know once you start reading, it'll be hard to stop!

My favourite section of the website is the nail tutorials - I've yet to find another website that matches the creativity and beautiful simplicity of their nail art. So if you're ever if need of nail inspiration, you know where to go to get an incredible tutorial. They also do amazing hair tutorials and it makes you realise how much you can actually do with what you've got!

They also have a youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/beautydept - full of easy to follow tutorials. So go watch now and thank me later!

Have you heard of this website before? What are your favourite websites to spend time on?

No comments:

Post a Comment