Wednesday 22 January 2014

Discovery Wednesday: Thought Catalog

This discovery is cheating a little bit because I haven't just discovered it recently, I've loved it for quite a while. And you might be thinking "Another website? For the second week running? Is there more to this new feature, Jess?" Yes, I'm sure there will be. But this website is too good not to share. 


Thought Catalog is pretty much a website full of articles, features, anecdotes - whatever you want to call them. Some of them are funny, some of them are a bit creepy and some of them are mindblowingly brilliant. There's something on there for everyone and it's all so relatable that you're bound to find something that makes you laugh or cry or will move you so much that you just have to share it with everyone you know. There are an odd few pieces of writing that pop up that you may want to take with a pinch of salt but like I said, there's a bit of something on there for everyone!

I've found myself getting lost reading their articles when I'm in bed at night or on the bus home (I have to be careful not to miss my stop!). It's light reading and on many occasions they've helped take my mind of stressful things in between essay writing or other commitments. Give them a try, they might cheer you up.

A couple of my favourites are this one and especially this one (which was massive motivation for one of my new years resolutions which you can read about here if you like). But if you want something a bit lighter to get you started then try this one. They also post they're most popular articles daily on twitter and facebook so you can find them there if you don't fancy scrawling through their website!

Have you heard of the Thought Catalog before? What do you make of them? Are there any other websites you'd recommend? 

3 comments:

  1. I really like the sound of this. It looks interesting. I always like something to read when I'm in bed and can't sleep.

    Thanks for sending over your link on twitter!
    Great blog, I look forward to reading more!

    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find time slips away from me completely when I start reading things from this website haha!

      Not a problem, thank you so much for stopping by and commenting! :)

      Delete