Sunday 19 January 2014

Maybelline Pure BB Cream Review

 Happy Sunday readers!

I'll be honest and say I was never really taken by the idea of BB creams because I have very troublesome skin and I have always refrained from using things that only gave me a very light coverage. But I caved in during summer - I was going to London for a weekend and our train was ridiculously early so I thought I'd buy some BB cream to pop on so I could have an extra 10/15 minutes in bed and do my make up on the train. 


But I hated it at first. It made me look greasy and feel sticky and I just wasn't impressed. But I'll just put that down to a (very) bad skin day because over Christmas I've been reaching for this product more and more and I've fallen a little bit in love with it.


This Maybelline BB Cream claims to have eight benefits all rolled into one. And I can vouch for them all. This product is great for those days where you just cannot be bothered with a full face of make up but you still want to look fresh and awake and a little bit put together. Plus it has 2% Salicylic Acid (well know for it's blemish-fighting abilities) so if you have problematic skin like me then this is great for knowing it'll help rather than hinder!



I bought mine in Light 01 because I have fair skin but you can also buy it in Medium 02 if your skin tone is a bit darker. You can see from the photo above that it's a great match for my skin and because it applies just like a thick moisturiser or thin liquid foundation, it's super easy to blend! As I said before it only gives you a light coverage but sometimes that's just what you need.. Right? 

You can buy this product for £6.99 from Boots.

Have you tried the Maybelline Pure BB Cream? What did you think? Do you think any of the other BB Creams do a better job?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely product! I definitely need to try this out :) xx
    Elise - www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. I've wanted to try this for a while now, but was scared my oily skin will look even more oily. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes dab a bit of mineral powder on my t-zone if I look a little bit oily after applying!

      Delete