Wednesday 29 January 2014

Discovery Wednesday: Paper Towns

Hands up - how many of you loved The Fault in Our Stars by John Green? Yeah, me too. Reviews of the much loved book have been making their rounds on the blogosphere over the past few months and I'm excited to share with you this forgotten treasure! 


Paper Towns by John Green is a book about a teenage boy named Quentin who makes it his mission to find his missing neighbour Margo after she unexpectedly vanishes. The story centres around Quentin and his friends who I fell in love with (yes, all of them) and the adventures they encounter on their quest to find Margo. It's a light-hearted book for the most part - witty and a joy to read. But much like most of John Green's other books, it'll connect with you a different way too. 

I'll be honest, the blurb didn't really reel me in but it's John Green and I love TFIOS and Looking for Alaska so I had to give this one a good go too and I'm glad I did. Much like TFIOS, it's quite unconventional which is what I love the most about it. Predictable books leave nothing to be desired and often leave me feeling unsatisfied, like there should be more to it. But this just wraps it up perfectly and it'll probably be a good pick-me-up if you've only just finished weeping over TFIOS. 

If you loved TFIOS, give this one a read too.

(I've always refrained from talking about books on my blog because as much as I love them, I feel I can never do them justice. And I often love books that others hated and vice versa, I'm a sucker for an unhappy ending. I am perfectly sane though, I promise. And I also promise you'll love this book). 

"I think the future deserves our faith." - John Green, Paper Towns

3 comments:

  1. I think its time I read some of John Green's books as I feel like I'm missing out. I keep going into bookstores with the intentions of buying them, but then always leave them back on the shelf as I'm trying to save money.

    Lauren | laurenthedaydreamer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you will love them when you finally get your hands on them! Borrow from a friend, I did for the first John Green book I read and I was hooked so I went out to buy my own!

      Thanks for commenting Lauren! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete