Monday 2 September 2013

Baby Lips Review

Maybelline's Baby Lips lip balm have been eagerly awaited in the UK since they were released in the US and were loved by so many. The lip balm claims to hydrate your lips for 8 hours and while I'm not sure it lasts quite that long (maybe it's just me, do I have a subconscious habit of licking all lip product from my lips??) it does have substantial staying power and I was impressed with how nourished my lips felt as soon as I applied it. And it's not greasy or sticky! Jackpot!

It also smells absolutely divine! They are quite strong artificial smelling products and they remind of children's play makeup lip balms my family would buy me for Christmas when I was little but I'm not complaining, I love the sweet fruity smell.

I was unsure on the packaging at first, I think it looks, again, like something you'd buy for a little girl. But by that same token, it's bright and stands out. It's eye catching and you just know if you pull it out of your bag people are going to be asking what it is!


I had to ration myself with this product and only buy one so I chose Cherry Me 004 which is a lovely pink shade. As you can see from the swatch (below) it's not too heavily pigmented so is perfect for just adding a dash of colour during the day or even popping over your lipstick if you feel your lips need a bit more hydration. 


Baby Lips is available in 6 varieties - Hydrate, Intense Care, Mint Fresh (all of which are clear balms) and Cherry Me, Pink Punch and Peach Kiss (of which are tinted balms). They are available from Boots for £2.99 - what a bargain! 

Maybelline have done it again with this product and I just can't help but love them! 

Have you tried Baby Lips yet? What are your favourite shades to wear? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment