Monday 21 October 2013

What's In My Bag? University Edition!

Hello lovely readers! Sorry it has a while since the last post, I've been pretty busy with uni work and all sorts so there has been a delay in organising my blog!

A few weeks ago I did a What's In My Clutch post which I really enjoyed and received some nice comments on so I thought I'd so another similar post for my university bag (as a fair amount of beauty bloggers I've come across are university students, I thought you might enjoy this)! 


So here is what I carry in my university bag! Starting from the top left I have my umbrella - a necessity if you live in Britain where you get all types of weather in one day. Then I have my Soap and Glory handy sized make up bag which I carry my daily essentials in (which you can see you below)! Then I have A4 Lined Paper, one of the more exciting items of my handbag. Photographed on top of that is my Waterstones Diary which is essential. I can't tell you how many times I've been in uni and asked to do some reading that I've completely forgotten about. Then I have my Cath Kidston Purse which holds, well, pursey things. Underneath that I have my glasses which I don't have to wear all the time, only if I'm doing anything involving distance so I need these for uni otherwise my head and eyes will ache by the end of a two hour lecture. Then I have a pen. Just the one. So I'm doomed if it ever runs out mid-lecture. I also have my Soap & Glory (can anyone remember the last time I did a post where I didn't mention Soap & Glory? No? Me neither...) Hand Food which smells divine and is a must have for the winter months. And last but not least I have my keys! It's quite a lot to pack into my very modest-sized bag but it all fits in there pretty nicely. 

(also not photographed I have my phone which I always have with me but is actually lost at the moment... oops)


Okay so for those of you who want a sneaky peak into what I carry around in my make up here you go! My make up bag is photographed again in the top left. Carrying on from there I have my little compact mirror for applying some make up bits on the go. It's actually an Archers mirror I got in a Christmas gift set years and years ago and is now snapped in half so I'm hoping for a new one for Christmas. Then I have a safety pin which I bought in a time of need from a little shop near uni and now lives in my bag in case of emergencies. I also have some little packets of chewing gum for constant minty fresh breath. Then I have a packet of paracetamol just in case! It is never nice to sit through a long lecture with an almighty headache. Then I have my Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer (oops, I did it again...) which is perfect for on the go because it's small and compact and contains both a powder and concealer. Then I have my Soap & Glory Hand Maid hand sanitiser because nobody likes touching the hand rails on the bus then eating a cheese sandwich. I also have a little bottle of Old Spice deodorant in case my friends and I spontaneously decide to pop into town after our lectures just so I can feel fresh. Next is my Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick which is perfect for touching up your make up quickly and efficiently! Then I have Clearasil Shine Control Papers to keep oily skin at bay during those warmer days. Also in my bag I have a Travel Eau which has some Ted Baker perfume in my a quick freshen up through the day. Lastly I have my Vaseline in Paint The Town Red for a nourishing touch of colour on the lips when they're feeling a bit chapped. 

There you have it! Lots of essentials for a day at uni! Honestly you might think "who really needs all that for a day at uni?" but you'd be surprised how many people come to me for hand sanitiser and chewing gum and all sorts! I'm like the Mary Poppins of my university. 

So, all you university-goers... What is in your bag?

7 comments:

  1. You have such a cute planner!! Right now my bag contains school books needed for that day, my agenda (which is Lilly Pulitzer), a couple of pens, a pack of gum, hand sanitzer and an e.l.f. lip chubby stick... but it's actually not a great lip product so I really need to put something else in there instead haha!!!

    xoxo Miss ALK
    http://missalk1994.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly if I ever go to the US I'm going to need to check out Lilly Pulitzer! I love when you post on your blog about it haha!

      xx

      Delete
  2. I love the Cath Kidston purse, so lovely!

    http://ohabbyjane.blogspot.co.uk/
    Abby xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cath Kidston do such lovely girly things don't they! xx

      Delete
  3. I love these posts and that purse is gorgeous!

    Also, I currently have a MAC lipstick giveaway over on my blog that I'd love for you to check out and enter if you're interested :)

    Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophie! It's lovely, isn't it? I was on the hunt for a new purse for ages so when I saw this in the shop I had to buy it!

      I've checked out your blog and entered your giveaway!!

      :) x

      Delete
  4. I really want to try that Vaseline - is it worth it?

    ReplyDelete