Friday 1 November 2013

October Favourites

Happy November! Pinch, punch, first of the month!

Anyway... Today I bring you another instalment of monthly favourites! It was my birthday in October so I received lots of new and lovely treats to try (and a few things I'd been wanting for a while that I'd hinted at my best friend for... Shameless). So without further ado:


The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter - This smells heavenly. If you're a fan of fruity smells, like I am, then you'll absolutely love this. Unless you don't like the smell of oranges (I'm looking at you, Trisha) in which case you won't. But I can see this being a winner with all you body butter lovers. It's quite a summery scent to have lingering on your skin but I think that if you want to smell that fresh all year round, go for it girls! You can get this for £13 from The Body Shop.


Si by Giorgio Armani - This was another birthday  and one that I absolutely adore. In fact, I love it so much I've only used it once because I can't cope parting with such a lovely product. Now I'm no good at describing scents but the Armani beauty website says this: "The perfume combines 3 notes: blackcurrant nectar, modern chypre, and blond wood musk with touches of freesia and May rose." It's more of evening scent I would say, it's very heavy and quite strong so probably not something you'd opt for during the day. If you fancy trying this fragrance, or buying it for a female family member for Christmas, you can get 30ml for £43.50 from Boots.


Clinique Happy Fragrance - This is the perfect complimentary perfume if you're wearing the Satsuma body butter - it's a fresh, citrus scent that is perfect or daytime wear. It's light and just lovely and I'm just in love with Clinique at the moment, honestly. This was a tester I was gifted with an order and I was pretty excited to try it as I'd never tried a fragrance from Clinique before. Have you ever tried any Clinique fragrances? You can get 50ml of Happy for £38 from the Clinique website. 


Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Balm - I've never loved this product simply because of the smell of it, I have a strange aversion to honey scents (I love Marc Jacobs but will not touch the Honey perfume!). Even thinking about it makes me want to cry a little bit. But anyway... I've been loving this product this month as I've been using it as a base for my lipstick. I like to use vaseline on my lips a lot of the time but it's too watery to use underneath lipstick. So I've opted for the Nivea lip balm which gives a lovely sheer coat that my lipstick can be applied smoothly over the top. You can buy this for approximately £2 from Boots.


MAC Shy Girl Lipstick and L'oreal's Eva Longoria Collection Privee Lipstick - This favourite is a bit of an odd one, it's not that I don't love these lipsticks on their own, it's just I love them so much more when they're worn together. If I'm wearing this lip combo I paint on a layer of the L'oreal lipstick and then paint a little of my MAC lipstick in the centre of both top and bottle lip which gives a lovely, subtle two-tone lip. If you want to try it out for yourself you can buy the MAC lipstick for £15 from Debenhams and the L'oreal lipstick for £8.19 from Boots.


Wella Professionals Oil Reflections Smoothing Oil - I've been wanting to blog about this product for a while now because I am completely smitten. Firstly, it smells divine. Honestly. Like nothing I've ever smelt before (although admittedly I'm yet to try Moroccan oil, I hear that smells pretty good too...). Secondly, it just works so well at keeping my hair in good condition. It adds a lovely shine without making my hair look greasy or clumpy. It can be used on both wet or dry hair depending on your primary use for it. It defends against damage and makes my hair look so healthy. It's just a great product if you want to keep your hair in tip-top condition. I honestly couldn't recommend this enough! I bought this from my hairdresser but you can buy it from beautybay for £12.95 (100ml). 

So that is it for my October favourites! I'm quite happy with my bunch this month. I haven't tried anything new that I haven't loved so I'm a happy camper.

Have you tried any of these products? What were your favourite products to use this past month?

(Sorry for the shoddy photos this week, I've recently moved my room around and obviously I'm yet to find a place suitable to photograph my products well... I had such a struggle this week!)

18 comments:

  1. Lovely post! The smoothing oil looks great :D
    (& your pics are gorgeous-you should see mine lately-keep having to use phone bc of camera issues >_<)
    Head-full-of-flowers.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is heavenly - honestly!
      Ahh it's hard to get good pictures sometimes! Especially with this rubbish winter weather, it's so dark and dreary all the time!
      Thank you so much for checking out my blog :) xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the body butters from the body shop! Everyone raves about them..

    verosays.com

    xoVero

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great, you should definitely try one! And I may be biased but the satsuma one might be a good place to start... :)

      Thank you so much for checking out my blog! xx

      Delete
  3. I've been using the Nivea Milk and Honey for awhile before bedtime each night and I really like it! Helps to keep my lips from chapping in my sleep.

    xoxo Miss ALK
    http://missalk1994.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same thing with vaseline! It still surprises me when I wake up and my lips are in perfect condition haha! Nivea do make great lip balms though :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. These are some fab favourites! I really want to try the Satsuma body butter, sounds great. Clinique Happy is a fragrance that I've wanted to try out for years but they only display it on Clinique counters so it's not the easiest thing to just test out.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely, if you like your citrus scents you'll love it! Maybe a small bottle would be a worthy christmas present from your family!!

      Thank you for checking out my blog :) xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely post, I really want mac shy girl now x
    Joannaloves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely colour! You should try it!!

      Thank you so much for checking out my blog :) I had a look at yours too - I love it! I've given you a follow on bloglovin :) xx

      Delete
  6. Love a bit of Body Shop Body butter, the satuma one sounds heavenly

    Holly ♥ petitepromise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all love a good Body Shop Body Butter haha! :)

      xx

      Delete
  7. Satsuma body butter?? Amazing... I love satsumas, ha!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love it - really!! Go buy it haha!

      xx

      Delete
  8. Hello lovely,
    Tomorrow at 11am my newest blogpost goes live and I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you and your blog for The Sunshine Award. I would love if you checked out my post as I absolutely love your blog!
    Lots of Love,
    Ams x

    amsblogsnow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you so much!! It means a lot!! xx

      Delete
  9. Love the body shop but never smelt this scent before. At the moment I'm lovin the peach ones!

    Great blog, I'm a new follower!

    Kimberley x

    Www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete