Sunday 9 February 2014

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation and Powder Review

For the longest time I only ever used Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation, it was my holy grail product and the only beauty item I owned that never changed. However this year I decided to try find a foundation that would do a bit more for me, that perhaps wouldn't be as drying. I heard lots of lovely things about the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation so I decided to give it a try and oh boy, do I love it!


Bourjois claim that this product contains a fruit therapy formula to help your skin look its very best - apricot for radiance, melon for hydration and apple "to protect your youth" (I'm thinking my youth is doing alright so I'm not too concerned for that part...). 

Coverage is good, I tend to build it up a bit on my cheeks where I get most of my blemishes. It lasts all day long too - so much longer than Dream Matte Mousse (why oh why did I hold onto that product for so long!) so I never have to worry about touching up through the day, maybe just an odd touch of concealer in certain places. 

The formula is very thin, it's not a thick cakey liquid which I'm more than happy with. It does take a little more blending in I think but this is such a good match for my skin that it's not a massive amount of effort to work with. If you're wondering, I have very fair skin and use the shade Light Vanilla. 



You can see from the swatch what a lovely colour match it is for my skin and it just blends so beautifully! I can say goodbye to the mornings struggling to blend my Dream Matte Mousse into my neck.


Shade: Vanilla

Also while in Boots, I picked up the Bourjois Healthy Balance powder - it's fab! I know bloggers love Rimmel Stay Matte power but this is better, I promise! I'm not quite sure it lasts 10 hours as it claims but it does have some good staying power. Plus the packaging is lovely - thin, light with a mirror for on-the-go touch ups. What more could a girl want?

All in all, I love these products. I've said goodbye to a foundation that clings to dry patches and hello to one that makes me look healthier than I've ever looked. Thanks, Bourjois. Kudos!

You can try this foundation for £9.99 from Boots and the powder for £8.99 (hefty price tag for a powder, it's good but not sure I love it enough to spend nearly £10 on it! Watch out for the 3 for 2 offers, ladies). 

Have you tried this foundation? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. I love this foundation - I have about 4 different shades in it, Depending how dark my fake tan goes !
    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog :) - read the rules and let me know when you have posted your award !
    www.auroradust.com/2014/02/the-liebster-award.html


    Megan xx

    ReplyDelete